- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

A thanks and A warning (Completed)

Started by Griznuq, November 24, 2008, 11:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

This post would take place the night after the first in game session.

With the source of undeath gone from the temple, tforest seemed to breathe a sigh of releave in Eswarth's ear. His companions slept soundly, though Charon seemed to be a bit restless, though not necessarily in a distressing way. He seemed to be enjoying his dreams.

The arrival of Balorie (like in Bertinelli...I've had a thing for her ever since One Day at a Time...hmmmm..) was heralded by a sound like wood sliding across the grain of another piece of wood. Slowly her slender frame stepped out of the trunk of a nearby Knuckleroot.

"The ancient ones sing your praise sheppard," She said to Eswarth, her voice the sound of dry leaves in a soft wind. "You bring credit to your name and honor to your people. This place will ever welcome and shelter you and your flock."
=]V[=

Johan

"I am but an instrument of Corellen Larithien, My Lady." Eswarth replied seriously. "Do I understand that no more orcs shall rise henceforth? Is the evil vanquished?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

"I cannot say for certain, but the soil tastes sweet once more. I believe we are safe," she said putting a loving hand on a low hanging branch above her.

She looked down at the restless Charon, twitching on his bed roll. "Two Half-Twisted came through here shortly after you descended into the temple. They spoke about this small one.
=]V[=

Johan

Eswarth's eyes snapped open a bit, and he subconsciously stamped the ground with a fore-hoof.

"Oh, aye?" He asked. "Can you tell me more? From whence they came, to where they went? Was words passed betwixt them?" He stared at the elegant nymph expectantly.

Griznuq

"They came from whence you came, and continued on," she said.  "They also shared angry words regarding a human who complicates their plans."
=]V[=

Johan

"What mote of their speaking tells you that it was this one about whom they spoke?" Eswarth asked.

Griznuq

"They made several mention of horrible deads. They went into great detal describing his body..." she said looking uncomfortabe. "They said that his insides would come out."

=]V[=

Johan

"I am sorry, my Sister, to ask you to relive such vile images." Eswarth apologized. "I will speak on this with Charon when he awakens. Have ye any wisdom for us?"

Griznuq

"I know nothing further. If your intent is to catch up with them, I can slow their process, you could catch them quickly. If this is not your intent, I will let them pass."
=]V[=

Johan

Eswarth considered Ballorie's words for only a moment. "Alas," he began, "I cannot know our intentions ere I speak upon it with the youngling." He said. "As I say: I'll speak with him on it upon his awakening; I trust that you will in some aspect be present and know our thinking?"

Of course, Eswarth would prefer to be able to answer promptly, but he was nearly entirely in the dark as regards these half-twisted shadows.

Griznuq

Ballorie nodded her head, her leafy hair flowing gently like a shrub in the breeze. "I will know and act accordingly. Good luck sheppard. Sleep now, for no danger shall come to pass this night."

She bowed slightly as she stepped backwards into the trunk of the tree from whence she came.
=]V[=

Johan

As the nymph departed, melting into the forest, Eswarth fancied that he could feel just above the threshold of his perception a cool breeze that was light and woody. Her words brought him great comfort.

He considered awakening the others to relay to them the conversation that he had shared with her, but that would undo, he thought, her parting blessing: a night of peace.

Thus, he followed her bidding and sank into a comfortable sleep.

Tomorrow would be a new day.

End? Do we, in fact, die?

Chassic

Charon stirred in his sleep. A slight whimper escaped his lips. Fear? Pleasure? It would be unclear even if anyone was awake to hear it. He curled into a slight fetal position, clutching Collinsworth to his chest like a teddy bear. A slight smile crossed his lips.